Related Topics

What if I get injured on a premises?

Schedule an appointment with The Taormina Firm to learn more about your rights following an injury on a premises owned by another.


Whenever you enter a store, walk on the sidewalk, or go up your apartment steps, you are owed a duty of reasonable safety while on the premises.


Everyone has encountered a "Slippery When Wet" sign in a grocery store or public restroom. That sign serves as a warning to you, by the owner, that there is an unsafe condition on the premises. It is also an indicator that someone had previously been injured on the premises.

Many people believe that slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall claims are not worth pursuing. These cases are seen as frivolous and unworthy of adjudication. However, when you are on a premises, be it a restaurant, apartment building, or city sidewalk, the owner of that premises owes you a duty of safety.

If the owner knew of an unreasonably safe condition, or had reason to know of that condition, failed to mitigate that risk, and you were injured as a result, you have a valid claim of negligence against the owner for which you can bring a lawsuit. Medical bills and other expenses as a result of negligence can be pricey, even if you are not a litigious individual. However, you have rights against the premises owner.

If you have been injured as a result of an unsafe condition on a premises, seek immediate medical attention and then contact Vince Taormina, a slip and fall lawyer and injury attorney with The Taormina Firm.